RULES FOR TEACHERS IN 1915
1. You will not marry during the term of your
2. You are not to keep company with men.
3. You must be home between the hours
of 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. unless attending a school
4. You may not loiter in downtown ice cream
5. You may not travel beyond the city limits unless
you have the permission of the Chairman of the
6. You may not ride in a carriage or automobile
with any man unless he is your father or brother.
7. You may not smoke cigarettes.
8. You may not dress in bright colors.
9. You must under no circumstances dye your
10. You must wear at least two petticoats.
11. You dresses must not be any shorter than two
inches above the ankle.
12. To keep the school room neat and clean, you
must sweep the floor at least once daily; scrub
the floor at least once a week with hot soapy
water; clean the blackboards at least once a
day; and start the fire at 7 a.m. so the room will
be warm by 9 a.m.
If you would like to become a Member of the Okanogan County Historical Society, click on this link to access the Membership form.
Bodie Teacher Iva Ragsdale 1916-1918
OCHS #1874 Conconully School - Playground
OCHS Photo #2060 Clover School Near Okanogan 1913
OCHS #1875 Conconully School 1911 - "Seesaw"
OCHS #3385 Frazier Creek School 1900